WHAT IS #MUSICMONDAY?
Every week, I post a lot of links to free music you can download. Why? Why the hell not? I’m not hosting the links, I didn’t upload ‘em, I have no legal liability and I’m helping promote the artists. Essentially, I’m a g******ed hero! Enjoy!
Sometimes I rant about musical stuff — that goes at the end. The music is divided into three categories …
I’VE HEARD IT AND IT’S WORTH A LISTEN
- DJ Felli Fel! He’s got a hot new single called “Boomerang” featuring Akon, Pitbull and Jermaine Dupri.
- Taking her time on American Idol seriously, Jennifer Lopez is showing people how to make a hit with “Ven a Bailar (On The Floor)” featuring Pitbull.
- There’s some great songs on Billboard R&B Hip-Hop Songs (Edition 2 March 2011)
I SUSPECT THIS IS WORTH HEARING, BUT I’M TOO BUSY TO HAVE LISTENED TO IT
- New tracks from Ne-Yo include “Let’s Leave On The Lights,” “Love Victory” and “You’re A Star.”
- Darkchild produced “Speedin’” for Ciara.
- Two more new cuts from Trey Songz inlcude “Never Enough Time” (feat. Johnta Austin) and a remix of “Last Time.”
- Donald Glover is making a run at this Childish Gambino thing. His new song “The Longest Text Message” was apparently made over Thanksgiving while he was drunk.
- There’s a new mixtape from Eminem that features a lot of unreleased cuts from the Motor City emcee that have recently floated around the interwebs.
- Here’s another classic collection of songs from the dearly departed Nate Dogg.
- Alt-rock group Skysaw (formerly known as This) is “the latest vehicle for ex-Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin.” “No One Can Tell” is their new song, a “tightly constructe chunk of melodic rock music.”
- The Dirty Tees have a new song called “Let You Go” featuring Ashley Couse.
- Here we go — mashups. I love mashups! Vs5 is a new album from Robin Skouteris full of musical combinations that were not meant to be.
- Jalani’s “Paradise” is “something for the folks who rock headphones at work to use as an escape. If a beautiful Saturday afternoon had a soundtrack, this would definitely be on that CD.”
- “F.A.N.S.” is the new bonus track from Tech N9ne’s new album All 6s and 7s.
- The Future of R&B 39 has some hot songs from Cee-Lo Green, T-Pain, Trey Songz and more.
- Eminem Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf are Shady 2.0
- “50 Ways” is a new song from Eminem.
- Texas’ own Chamillionaire comes in over the “All Of The Lights” track.
- Evolve is a FreEP full of instrumentals. Cool!
- I don’t know why I have a good feeling about Covergirls from Aaries, a set of covers they’ve refactored with new arrangements and what not.
- Bobby Ray’s mad at … somebody, I don’t remember whom. Anyway, his new dis record “No Future” has a lot of heat.
- Sky Ferreira has an interesting sound, and she’s got a new EP called As If.
- People are all divided over the madness of Sucker Punch, but at least you can enjoy the soundtrack at least.
- Bei Major sampled James Blunt for his new song “Heavenly Beautiful”
- The world’s greatest Ghostface impersonator Action Bronson has a new song called “Jerk Chicken” alongside Maffew Ragazino.
- Screaming Bloody Murder is the new album from Sum 41.
- John Legend has a cover of Adele’s song “Rolling In The Deep” for your listening pleasure.
- “For The First Time” is a remix from The Script by 8Barz.
- Thin Lizzy vs. the Pixies in “The Boys Are Back In Heaven” by Phil Retrospector
- Common! “Follow Me” is an unreleased Be era track, albeit tagged.
I PROBABLY WOULDN’T LIKE IT, BUT MANY PEOPLE WOULD
- I don’t know what Porcelain Black is, I don’t know why Lil Wayne would sign this creation, but “This Is What Rock N Roll Looks Like” is the new cut from the artist. Whatever that means.
- Despite the fact Twista is on this track, an emcee who I find brilliant in every possible way, “What It Feel Like” by Lil B is likely to not make it work for me.
- Who are Nostalgia 77 and what’s their new song “Blue Shadow” featuring Josa Peit all about?
- “On The Low” from E-A Ski and Locksmith.
- There’s two new songs from Game called “Young Stunnas” featuring Birdman and “Lovebirds.”
- “Mr. Prescription” is another medical-themed song from Dr. Dre created after his collaboration with Swizzy.
- The Project Pat Chronicles … as it should be.
- “Count It Up” by Young Jeezy featuring Trae The Truth.
- Trae The Truth is also on board for “Gwap” by Rich Boy.
- Romanian hip hop? Why not? Autopsie is from SHUTZ/C.C.
- Will.i.am is all in for “Hot Wings” with Jamie Foxx.
- Who are Crystal Fighters and how did they get to do Plage complete at Abbey Road? No idea.
- Quit playing like some of you don’t want Taylor Swift Abbey Road Studios songs too.
- Here’s a whole big dose of Jadakiss, Welcome To My Hood is a new mix tape courtesy of Tapemasters, Inc.
- Fiddy! Don’t Call It A Comeback Vol. 1 is a collection of Curtis for you.
- Something similar from Lil Wayne, here’s Tear Drop Tune 4
- “Take U Home” by Snoop Dogg has Too $hort, Daz Dillinger and Kokane. He also took on the John Legend/Kanye West track “Eyez Closed” and here’s his album Doggumentary
- Apparently Kimberly Caldwell was a contestant on American Idol apparently, and she’s releasing an album called Without Regret it seems.
- Block Illegal is the new mix take from Slim Dunkin and D-Bo, presented by Trap-A-Holics and DJ Spinz.
- Something Big is a the new gospel album from Mary Mary.
- What did those American Idol people sing? Here are their studio recordings from this season’s top 11 contestants.
Will that hold you? Cool, see you next week.
Don’t forget that late additions and exclusive extras end up on the mobile version of this blog.
Playing (Music): “Girls All Around The World” by Lloyd featuring Lil Wayne