There’s a lot going on, and I’ve been planning to do a summary of all the madness because my wife says that I don’t toot my own horn enough. Honestly, I’m not even that flexible, but that’s probably another discussion altogether.
Anyhoo, what does that mean? That means that I’ll try to drop a summary of everything I’ve done online over the last week. Yes, this idea is in part stolen from The Bloggess (who has agreed to introduce my keynote speech at Blogworld 2012), but I’m pretty sure that I didn’t leave any fingerprints.
Let’s move on …
- Fichiki Siri: I’ve been doing some fiction writing for Stranger Comics, doing some fantasy work set in their shared fictional universe. The character I created is on a singular and relentless mission, and this serialized narrative shows some of what he’s been doing (the first chapter is still online too). Free online, and two more chapters are just waiting for Stranger to publish them.
- #musicmonday: Every week I scour the web for free music that you can download. “Isn’t that illegal?” Not for me — I don’t host the music, I don’t upload the music, I just post links to other people in an aggregating fashion. Aggravating fashion? Hard to know. Anyway, it’s free music — mostly urban themed, but with alternative rock, country, pop and classics thrown in. This upcoming Monday, I’ll be posting the entire discography of this group called Orishas as well as an Icon collection of Teena Marie’s music, and last week I dropped (among others) Malcolm & Martin, The Black Keys, Akon, Pitbull, Fleet Foxes, The Strokes, Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg and music from the show Glee.
- The Commentary Track for The Buy Pile: After I do my weekly column of comic book reviews on CBR, I often bring the discussion back to my main blog to expand on concepts and delve into topics in a deeper manner. Sometimes it’s profound, sometimes it’s gibberish, but it’s always about comics, so I’ve got that going for me.
- The Early Forecast and the Extremely Early Forecast for The Buy Pile: Before I go to the store, I make a list of what’s out and guess at what I’ll plan to buy. These blogs give you a look, a day before the column hits, at what you’ll find. The Extremely Early Forecast is done before I go to the store and the Early Forecast is done on Wednesday night, after all is said and read, and I know exactly what will be in the column (but before I write it).
- Twitter: I’m baaaack! Refreshed after a year away from social media, I’m dropping 140 characters at a time on your mind, discussing my life, pop culture, music and so much more. It’s also an easy way to interact with me.
- The Linkroll: I read a lot of stuff online, and most of the interesting things I click, I then “share” through Google Reader with a pithy little comment of my own. This includes all kinds of foolishness, from technology to politics to deleted scenes from the Star Wars movies.
- Tumblr: Updated Mondays (as noted above), Wednesdays (as noted above) and Fridays, you’ll find humor and commentary and what not, all rolled up into a mobile-friendly format.
Next week? Hopefully more cool stuff that I didn’t have to write or create myself. Good night!
Watching (Hulu): The Colbert Report