WHAT IS #MUSICMONDAY?
Every week, I post a lot of links to free music you can download. Why? Why the hell not? I’m not hosting the links, I didn’t upload ‘em, I have no legal liability and I’m helping promote the artists. Essentially, I’m a g******ed hero! Enjoy!
Sometimes I rant about musical stuff (stay tuned at the end of this blog for a note about that) — that goes at the end. The music is divided into three categories …
I’VE HEARD IT AND IT’S WORTH A LISTEN
- I love the show Glee — that’s not a surprise. I also love the show The Sing-Off despite being forced to watch Ryan Secrest’s less impressive cousin Nick somebody. So when those two things come together? Yay. The real Dalton Academy Warblers are the Beelzebubs from season one of The Sing-Off. Here’s a taste of what they sound like. Yay! Oh, here’s two more songs while we’re here.
- If you have Pink Friday you’ve likely already heard “Girls Fall Like Dominoes” but it’s pretty catchy.
- There are 153 songs o Hot R&N March 2011 … if you can’t find something to like in there, you’re not trying very hard.
- Holy crap this is a bungload of great classic hip hop … The Coup, Hieroglyphics, Ultramagnetic, Biz Markie, Big Daddy Kane, Lord Finesse, even Talib Kweli’s last one … wow.
I SUSPECT THIS IS WORTH HEARING, BUT I’M TOO BUSY TO HAVE LISTENED TO IT
- I’m loving Owl City’s “Alligator Sky” with Shawn Chrystopher, so when I saw that they had a new song called “Galaxies” I rushed to download it. Yay!
- Keeping it alt-rock for a minute, OneRepublic lead singer Ryan Tedder has a new song called “The World I Knew”
- Underground hip hop from AG (from Digging In The Crates, but also from Showbiz and AG), “Marvin Berri” produced by Mike the Martyr.
- The artwork on “Moodswings” by Thr33zy McFly (produced by Tha Adjiktivz) is why I’m posting it. I liked it. Only one piece of art could have beaten it to get showcased here.
- “The Story” by King is described as “Super throwback sound. Like Parliament Funk when the smoke clears and they’re hit with some sunlight.” Sold.
- “End To The Lies” by Jane’s Addiction is free … if you’ll sign up for their newsletter. Seems legit …
- The new album from The Foo Fighters is called Wasting Light (Proper) and the buzz is already pretty good.
- French hip hop? Why not? We Luv New-York is from Faf Larage and Akhenaton.
- The James Pants remix of “Seven” by Tyler the Creator has horns that are allegedly “porn.” Sold.
- Who is Zeroh G7 and what’s Elliot Blaqbird you ask? “Abstract hip hop” apparently. Get it.
- Oh no they didn’t! Grand Theft Music is the new albu, by Tain. For fans of Tommy Vercetti, Vic Vance and Carl Johnson, apparently.
- Def Squad! Here’s El Nino from the supergroup.
- Dev has joined Donnis on the track “Ring My Bell” produced by Syience.
- What the what? “The Moon & The Sky” from Sade featuring Jay-Z? Done.
- MArsha Ambrosius? Busta Rhymes? “Far Away” — done.
- “Santiago” is the new single from UK indie pop band The Kabeedies.
- “Think About It”
- Pete Rock and Camp Lo have come together to create 80 Blocks From Tiffany’s
- People are really talking about this Jacob Lusk kid, so maybe the top 9 iTunes live performances from this season of American Idol might be okay. Maybe.
- Mo-Mentous is a new dose of “jazzy Hip-Hop/Instrumental Hip-Hop/Electronica” from Mono X Monkey.
- Heemy Taught Me is the new mixtape from Raheem DeVaughn to keep people ready for his new upcoming fourth studio album, A Place Called Loveland.
- “Righteous Way” is the new song from Boston’s own EdO.G.
- “Make Some Noise” from the Beastie Boys … wait, what? New Beasties? Check that out!
I PROBABLY WOULDN’T LIKE IT, BUT MANY PEOPLE WOULD
- The discography of 50 Cent (1998-2009).
- Despite the fact that the Lloyd-flavored “Feelin’ Myself” is amazing, Nipsey Hu$$le isn’t really my kind of sound. In any case, he dropped “Tha Mansion” after hitting 109,000 Twitter followers.
- “C.O.P.S. (Criping On Public Streets)” by 40 Glocc. Sure.
- The Target exclusive of Jim Jones new album Capo has a lot of extra tracks.
- Mack 10 and G. Malone, Money Music for the west coast gangsta rap afficiondos.
- I can’t type nor pronounce the names of this Russian hip hop but … well, here it is.
- “Only One” is a new song from Game featuring Chris Brown.
- “Girls Cry” is a new single from Cam’ron and Vado.
- Ginuwine is still alive? Here’s an unreleased Timbaland production called “Love To Hate from 2009.
- Three alt-rock bands called Middle Brother, Papercuts and The Naked and Fanous have new MP3s to download.
Will that hold you? Cool, see you next week.
Oh. Almost forgot. With the launch of Komplicated.com, this column full of music downloads will be moving over there. Maybe getting parsed out over the week. Brace yourselves. Lots of cool stuff going on over there, more news before the May 1st launch.
Don’t forget that late additions and exclusive extras end up on the mobile version of this blog.
Playing (Music): “Who Can It Be Now?” by Men At Work