Six shots to your dome piece, home piece!
- BANG! I’m about half way done with a very lengthy review of my new phone, the powerful and praiseworthy Nokia N900. Also, look for thirty straight days of poetry (if I don’t kill myself in the process) on my Soapbox. Shut up, just think of this as the previews for the movie … or the warning shot … your mileage may vary …
- BANG! Speaking of poetry, I’m nervous and excited about the deluge to come. I have percolated the Bizarro poem idea in my brain for almost a year (and I may even have a Black Manta one … why all DC? I need to dream up some Marvel ones, probably … a seed of a T’chaka one is in my brain) and, honestly, I’ve been so fiction focused that it’ll almost feel like a vacation from the politics and intrigues of my latest novel (which is *this* close to being 3/4 done — writing it in quarters).
- BANG! Back to blogging, for the 2.5 people wondering where the second half of “The Reign of The Mediocre” is, I’m just waiting for Blackest Night to finish up … oh, wait, that happens today! Excellent!
- BANG! Last weekend, I think I stopped so many people and asked them, “Have you heard Malcolm and Martin yet?” that my wife wondered if I’d been paid to do so. I am loving the mixtape (big .zip file) so much. The next time somebody complains to me about the state of hip hop, I’m sending them that link and telling them (as my wife loves to do) that they can “sat down and shaddup!” I may even get inspired to try to email them and interview them. Maybe.
- BANG! I enjoyed my time with all of my girls this weekend. We got to chill a lot and laugh, I taught Mooch some t’ai chi (and it’s fun to see her try to work it into her every day life) and Myshell’s jokes have been on fire lately. Since I never feel like I’m choosing sides, and since my techno-lust finally feels sated with a device that helps me do everything, it was super relaxing to just chill. On Sunday, we hung out with one of Myshell’s friends B and B’s husband, having a spirited discussion about politics and hip hop. Good times all around. Hm, this is personal, should it be on the other blog? Too late now …
- BANG! I am supporting between three and three and a half websites at work now, branching into areas I barely understand. It worries me sometimes, given the balancing act, but it sure beats the alternative.
*Hannibal holsters his vocabulary and saunters off*
Playing (Music): “First Girl On The Moon” by the Bangz